I am going to make this short...
I am extremely passionate about living a healthy lifestyle.
I love to post ideas about ways to eat better foods for our bodies.
But I would be lying if I said I ate that way all the time.
Truth be told...
I believe in healthy living, but I also believe in living...
Every so often...
I like to live a little =]
Layered Peanut Butter Crisp Bars
Adapted from: Baked
7 Cups Rice Krispy cereal/Brown Rice Cereal
3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1 cup Brown rice Syrup
1/2 cup Honey
1 tsp. vanilla
8 ounces 60-70% dark chocolate
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. Brown Rice Syrup
6 ounces 70-80% Dark Chocolate
1 stick Organic Butter
1. Put cereal in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot on the stove, add honey and syrup and heat. Continually stir until melted about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add in vanilla.
3. Add syrup mixture to cereal and stir until combined. Using a baking sheet covered in a baking mat or "lots" of grease, flatted out cereal to coat whole pan. Press down and make even.
4. Set aside.
1. Place ingredients in a metal bowl above a pot full of simmering water. (aka double broiler)
2. Continually stir ingredients until melted and creamy. Remove from heat.
3. Let cool for a couple of minutes then pour onto prepared pan full of krispies.
4. Put in freezer for about 30 minutes, or while you are getting the next layer ready.
1. Do the same thing as you did Layer two.
2. Place ingredients in a double broiler, and stir until melted and creamy.
3. Let sit until somewhat cool, then pour on top of layer one and two. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
Once mixture is solid, then you can cut into squares. Keep refrigerated, due to melting =]
Let me tell you...
living a little every so often is definitely okay!
Oh and Fun Fact:
Throwing those bad boys in the microwave for a few seconds, then topping it with peanut butter ice cream...
Definitely a wise choice...