So our local grocery store carries these mini kid shopping carts. Oh.Boy.
When I first noticed them I excitingly told my three year old, "Oh my gosh Boo!! Looooooookkk!" Her eyes popped open as she did this funky jump and ran over to the carts, excited to start shoppin' like her mama.
Little did I know...
A three year old can't push a shopping cart.
My heels have bruses.
Cereal boxes fall over easily when ran into.
Don't walk by isle with marshmallows. Ever.
Apparently we need multiple bags of pretzels. Multiple.
Want to know what's worse?
The fact that I loaded those groceries so fast on the conveyer belt that I didn't notice said multiple bags of marshmallows OR pretzels.
Hence, Pretzel Crusted Chicken.
Pretzel Crusted Chicken
Pretzels are a common favorite kid food! Have your kids help crush the pretzels, and have them watch you dip the chickens in their favorite snack. Not only is this baked, but serve with your kiddos favorite dip and your basically the best mom. Ever.
- 6 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 TB. dijon
- 4 TB. honey
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 1 c. salted pretzels
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Olive oil/melted coconut oil
- Get three shallow bowls out. In the first bowl mix the flour, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- In the second bowl whisk together the egg, dijon, honey, and water.
- In a food processor, blend pretzels and whole wheat bread until fine crumbs. Place crumbs in the third bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking dish. (13x 9)
- Dip chicken, both sides, in the flour. Dust off excess, and dip chicken in the egg, both sides.
- Next coat chicken in the bread/pretzel crumbs, both sides.
- Place chicken in the baking dish.
- Continue coating the rest of the chicken.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil or olive oil on top of the chicken through out until somewhat coated.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes, or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Up next :
Marshmallow Chicken! You probably are going to want to PIN that one!