I'm finally back after a week in the sickness world!
After waking up from the dreadful plague I realized, "Oh my gosh, It's almost Easter! I SWEAR it was just Valentines day!!"
I've had so much on my mind with this blog, but life does what it does and begins to take over. Then before I know it I'm all ready to present my fav Easter spring dish and by golly it's jolly ol' Christmas. Ba humbug.
But a week without tasting the flavor of food and wiping the noses of little ones got me to think about things more than usual. I've been tossing around an idea for a certain forever and I've finally got the courage to go ahead and do it! It's scary to start new things in the blogging world, because you never know what's going to come out of it. Putting yourself out there is hard to do, and trust me it's not always fun and easy! But the emails, comments, etc. that I get from YOU guys reminds me that I've got nothing but loving and trusting friends out there supporting me along the way!
So with out further ado...
Wait...First I have a little Easter treat... :)
Chewy Chocolate Easter Egg Truffles
(Make about 8 small truffles)
1 c. raisins (if you don't raisins you could sub dates or prunes)
1/3 c. chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips
optional toppings: sprinkles, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, etc.
1. Puree raisins in a food processor until a thick paste forms. (It will be VERY sticky and thick.) Using a rubber spatula, scrape paste out of processor and put in a bowl. Cover and set in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
2. While raisin puree is in the freezer, melt chocolate in microwave.
3. Take raisin puree out of the freezer and roll 1/2 in balls. (if it get's too stick then place back in the freezer for a minute or two.)
4. Roll and coat truffles in the melted chocolate and place on a non stick paper such as wax/parchment. Garnish with optional toppings.
5. Place in the fridge and let chocolate set for a few minutes.
6. Eat them. All of them. Do not share.
Side note...A little touch of sprinkles makes everything taste better!
Ok, where was I? That's right, the whole "let me introduce you to that thing I was talking about..."
I've been wanting to start this since before I was pregnant with Sweet Pea. No lie, I even have a video to prove it! But I kept thinking it was silly, bla bla, and never fully went through with it. But the other day it hit me that I just didn't want to be that girl behind the computer that shot out a post here and there about a healthy recipe. In my opinion, there is more to me than a witty post and a yummy recipe. I've got a beautiful family, a SUPER weird personality, and sometimes watching someone else in person is a lot more fun than reading it on the computer!
So starting on FRIDAY, I will posts videos. Not sure exactly what the video will be about, but it will most likely run along the lines of everyday life, healthy tips, exercise, recipes, cooking, silly stuff, etc.!
I really want you guys to get to know my family, out life! I want to develop a stronger relationship, not just a read and see pictures relationship! I hope you guys are as excited as I am!
So here is this weeks FIRST EVER Footage Friday!!
If you have any video suggestions or what you would LOVE to see, just leave it in the comment section below! Have a great weekend everybody!