I'm having major writer's block for this post...
It's 630 in the morning and Mickey Mouse is playing in the background. My right arm is cuddling Sweet Pea, and my left hand is typing.
I am not a left handed typer person...fgj hgf 6ye gss5 h77,j uggghhhhhhh
This week Boo has been begging for ice cream, so I decided to take on the challenge of using her favorite yogurt and turn it into a favorite frozen treat! Greek yogurt is amazing! It's just so thick and creamy, full of protein, and incredibly kid friendly! If you want a vegan version, you could use a plain non dairy yogurt OR a few cans of full fat coconut milk!
Add a hint of maple, caramel, and cinnamon and I'd say even if it is November Ice Cream is still an acceptable treat!
(Plus it's going to be 81 today...It's basically summer...)
Cinnamon & Caramel Swirl Ice Cream
We all crave ice cream! Why not have an indulgent treat, packed with protein, with a taste of cinnamon and a burst of caramel? Yes...That sounds about right!
- 4 c. plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 TB. cinnamon
- (For the Caramel Swirl)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 TB. vanilla
- water (roughly 1/2 cup)
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, syrup, and cinnamon.
- Add ingredients to an ice cream maker, and make ice cream according to directions.
- While the ice cream is churning, make the caramel swirl.
- In a small bowl add dates, and then water. Make sure there is enough water in the bowl/cup to completely cover the dates.
- Let the dates soak for about 10 minutes.
- In a blender, add soaked dates, plus 3 TB. of the date water. Then add the syrup and vanilla.
- Blend together until combined, thick and creamy. (No date chunks.)
- When the ice cream is done, remove from the ice cream make and place ice cream in a freezer safe container. Add caramel layer to ice cream and swirl it in.
- Place in the freezer to harden, at least 30 minutes. (This is optional, otherwise the ice cream will be more soft serve like.)
Now my right arm is numb...I'm sure some ice cream could fix that.