Baby Boo is Bad...
Bad to the bone...
She's growing up before my eyes, and I can't stop it. If I'm not depressed about the fact that she doesn't lay there and COO any more, then it's probably because those sweet little coo's turned into...
Baby Boo do you love me?
Give Mama a kiss Baby Boo!
Sometimes I feel like everything is just a big joke to her...
But now I'm beginning to think that the spitting in my face isn't really a problem. And even though I am a little embarrassed when she spits in other peoples face...
It's the fact that in between spit bombs, she says...
You may think it's cute and precious, but I've been trying from day one for her to say Mama. I was pretty sure I had instilled it into her brain, at least that was until Hubby watcher her.
For 30 minutes.
Then when I got home he said, "Your not going to be happy, but...."
He didn't even have to explain.
Maybe I can win her over with some sweet potatoes?
Mashed ones for Baby and a casserole for Mama!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
2 small bananas
2 petite sweet potatoes
2/3 cup oatmeal
2 cups coconut milk (or any non dairy milk or reg. milk)
1 TB Chia Seeds
1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
3 TB Pure maple syrup
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
1/3 cup chopped candied pecans
2 TB Earth Balance or butter
1/4 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
2 TB whole wheat pastry flour
(Adapted from here)
1. Peel and Dice sweet potatoes. Bring a small pot of water to boil and add potatoes and cook 5 minutes just so they are tender.
2. Once potatoes are cooked, set aside and using the same pot add milk, oats, and chia seeds. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and cook about 5-6 minutes. Let mixture thicken. It should look similar to this:
3. Once oatmeal is cooked, remove from heat and add potatoes and bananas
4. Then with a potato masher, mash the mixture together.
You want it to be somewhat chunky like so:
5. Then stir in spices, coconut, syrup, and vanilla. Pour into a casserole dish and set aside.
6. Next make the topping. Combine all ingredients into a bowl, and mash together. I used my hands :)
7. Pre heat oven to 350. Spread topping on top of oatmeal.
8. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, then on LOW broil for about 3-4. Watch it carefully!
The house will SMELL AMAZING!
9. Once done, Dig in and...Do I have to even tell you...
If this doesn't win Baby Boo over...Then probably nothing will work.
Seriously, Breakfast Casseroles are my New Favorite Thing!
I think what I enjoyed the most was the crunchy topping. Probably because It has sugar. Not gonna lie there.
And funny story, as I sat there and ate Baby Boo crawled up onto my lap acting like she wanted a bite...
So I took some of the sweet potato, mashed it a little and fed her. I for SURE thought she was a MAMA's girl again...
Then I said,
"Baby Boo...Do you Love Mama NOW!?"
Do you know what she said...??