Sometimes people think I'm wierd.
Actually it's more than sometimes...
it's like a lot.
It might be that when it comes to picking a restaurant, everyone looks at me because I'M usually the picky one.
And then when we finally agree on a restaurant, I'm giving the waiter a run for his tip because I am practically creating my own item on the menu.
Ya...I'm one of those people.
Although...maybe it isn't those restaurant outings that make me look weird. I mean, there are lots of picky people who like their foods prepared a certain way, right??
But if it isn't about the restaurants, then what is it?
It could be that I buy Organic Vegetables and some Organic Groceries.
Because if I buy Organic...
That means I am a tree hugging organic hippy born again vegan freak right?
(**note**Been called all of the above)
But if the reason that I buy organic vegetables and groceries is because I like my foods made with out chemicals, don't want to eat foods that may be contaminated with e-coli or salmanella, enjoy supporting local farmers, think animals deserve to eat grass, and care about what I put into my body because I believe it's a temple...
Is that so bad?
But if it isn't the restaurants OR the Organic groceries than what could it be?
Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I am in the kitchen I am most likely cooking with "abnormal" ingredients.
Things like, "whole grains, almond/soy milk, flax seeds, and vegetables." Then to top it off, I am secretly throwing avocados into pudding, adding beans into mashed potatoes, rarely cooking with butter, licking a tub of hummus, eating tons of goat cheese, and continuing to sneak pieces of chocolate every 5 minutes.
Now, maybe, just maybe...I am starting to understand why people think I am so wierd.
Not just wierd...
A "Tree Huggin' Organic Born Again Vegan Freak" weird...
But I am here to say this...
For a freak...I eat Dang Good Food =]
Chocolate Maple Almond Butter
2 Cups raw almonds
3 TB 100% pure maple syrup
2 TB 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
Melted together: 1 TB coconut oil with 1/2 cup dark chocolate
1. Pre-Heat oven to 325
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and pour almonds on top.
3. Coat almonds with 3 TB of maple syrup.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so they don't burn.
5. Once done, remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. (You can even just eat these as a snack! =])
6. Once they are cooled, place almonds in a food processor.
7. Now this is the part that requires a lil patience =]. Start to blend the nuts together. For a while your just going to get fine crumbs, but keep blending.
8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to keep it moving smoothly.
9. Pretty soon those crumbs will start to look nice and creamy!
It will go from this,
10. Once it turns into BuTtA', THEN it is time to add the rest of the ingredients.
2 TB maple syrup, cinnamon, melted chocolate + coconut oil, and a dash of salt.
11. Combine all the ingredients into the food processor until creamy.
12. Place in a sealed container, such as an old peanut butter glass jar.
Use on top of toast, sandwhiches with jelly, on oatmeal, ice cream, on cookies, in baked goods, on top of marshmallows, on your finger...
You get the idea.
I used to be obsessed with peanut butter.
I'm ALL about that creamy delciousness!!
Now if you will excuse me...
I'm going to go sit out side hugging a tree while eating a jar of Chocolate Maple Almond Butter.
And if I feel like it, you may hear me sing...
KOOMBYAAA MY LOOORDD...