*These are the perfect breakfast or snack muffins, as they are made with whole grains and naturally sweetened with honey! Add a little butter and honey to a warm muffin, or top with honey peanut butter for breakfast!* My daughter LOVES muffins. Whenever I make them, she can easily eat 2-3 in one sitting, and then request them at her next meal.
She's also my candy child, and some days I wonder if she will turn into a blueberry like Violet from Willy Wonka. I have a 'secret' stash of candy, and I usually have to find a new hiding spot for it each day. When I'm not looking, I'll find her climbed up onto the counter, almost on top of the fridge just so she can have a jelly bean.
Jelly bean?...Broken leg?...
Totally worth it.
She's also the first child awake, the most opinionated, wears her headbands on her forehead, and loves to wear bright red and pink lipstick every single day!
Life is never dull with her.
Which is why I dedicated these muffins to her. They are never dull, naturally sweet with burst of tartness, and perfect for very early early mornings :)!
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins, Naturally Sweetened
This is the perfect breakfast muffin, as it's made with whole grains and naturally sweetened with honey!
- 2 1/4 c. white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil
- 2/3 c. honey
- 2/3 c. non dairy milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 c. blueberries, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, milk, vanilla, and honey. Once whisked together, slowly whisk in the coconut oil. Add wet to dry, and mix until combined. Don't overheat.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- In a prepared muffin tin, scoop batter into 12 regular sized muffins. Top the muffins with 1-2 blueberries.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, rotating the pan halfway though.
They would also taste good at say...9:30 in the morning...in case you happen to start your morning then...