The word threenager is totally a thing. So is a man cold. So is exhaustion due to a teething baby.
These are just a few of the things that's been going on in the Crazy People Household. (I wish I could have come up with something a little more clever than CPH, but rememeber...exhaustion.)
We also had our hot water heater break, followed by water damage and mold, followed by 15 loads of laundry, followed by..where was I? Oh that's right! Exhaustion.
So banana bread huh? Yes. Because there are not enough banana bread recipes on Pinterest.
And because I've decided that if I post a 'not so healthy recipe' of something, then I have to follow up with a healthy version of that same type of food. It's ONLY fair. I haven't thought of a clever name for this series just yet, but as soon as I'm not exhausted...
I'll get right on that!
Grain Free Almond Butter Banana Bread (Coconut and Almond Flour)
- 1 c. + 2TB. + 1 tsp. Almond Meal
- 3/4 c. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/4-1 1/3 c. mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 2/3 almond butter
- 2 TB. maple syrup, pure
- 1 TB. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk, or almond milk
- 1 TB. chia seeds or ground flax
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips plus 2 TB. for topping
- In a bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, then set aside. (Not the chia seeds.)
- Ina separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Gently mix together the wet and dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips and chia seeds.
- In a greased bread pan, add the batter. Sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 45-55 minutes, depending on your oven!
The good news is my husband has fully healed, the laundry is done, the threenager is asleep, and the teething baby didn't bite me while nursing tonight.
I'd call that a success if you ask me! :)
Happy Monday friends, have a great week!