I lived off of this dish for an entire week. Breakfast, why not? Lunch...hell ya! Dinner, don't have to ask me twice. Grab a fork before bed time and dig in...calm down there sweetie.
I was obsessed.
I love this time of year because my favorite vegetable season is the one where I wear black leggings every day with a hideous old t-shirt underneath a nice cozy sweater. I love looking like I'm going to bed. Is that sad?
No, it's #goals.
But enough about living the dream...
This lasagna will fill your house with those cozy fall scents, give you that nice taste of total comfort food, all without weighing you down. I replaced the lasagna noodles with zucchini noodles, which has never been heard of in this year of 2017.
Then I whipped up my FAVORITE Pumpkin Cream Sauce to go along with it, plus nice flavorful chunks of roasted butternut squash. I. Cant.Even.
I hate when people say that.
Zucchini, Pumpkin, and Butternut Squash Lasagna
1 Recipe Pumpkin Cream Sauce
8 oz fresh grated mozzarella
1/2 large butternut squash. skin removed, then chopped
3/4 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch layers
1 TB. fresh rosemary
2 tsp. Italian seasonings
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees. Place chopped squash onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little EVOO, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes. Toss every so often.
2. While the squash is roasting, make the pumpkin sauce. Allow the sauce to cool once done.
3. As the sauce and the squash are cooling down, make your ricotta mixture by mixing all the ingredients for the ricotta layer.
4. Begin to assemble the lasagna as follows: Sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta, butternut squash, cheese. Repeat one more time.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite fall comfort dish? Maybe a favorite fall dessert? Share your ideas below!