Hello Friends! Today is the LAST and final Step for the series:
To catch up on the previous Steps, check out the following links:
Step 4 is titled:
Eat Cookies, Take A Nap
I'm going to keep this short and sweet...Stop Dieting.
The reason that I've been so successful in living a healthy lifestyle is because I'm made health a LIFESTYLE...Not a diet. I've done the non fat, fat free, no calories, low calories, sugar free, no carbs, bla bla stuff, and YES, you can loose weight this way. But seriously...Who wants to count calories the rest of their entire life?!?
Who wants to turn down a cookie every once in a while because it will over exceed your calorie limit for the day? Not I. Definitely not I! (Let's point out I'm not saying everybody should take their bras off, grab a gallon of ice cream and go to town on a nightly basis...)
The thing that keeps living a healthy lifestyle do-able is that you allow your self to LIVE, Enjoy, Breath, and be Happy. Trust me...Happy people eat cookies.
80% of the time I eat really fresh wholesome foods, and the other 20% is foods that aren't 'the healthiest'. Some days it's 50/50. And when it's that time of month well it's... 0%/100%...
The point I'm trying to make is that if you are doing your best to eat wholesome foods on a daily basis, and you are exercising regularly, then eat a cookie every so often! Live a little.. :)
Now...How about a cookie recipe? It's about time I posted a recipe on here right??
I've always loved healthier cookies, especially these! Perfect to cure those sweet cravings when you don't feel like FULLY indulging :). Also, for those with kiddos, they are a much better choice than chips or candy to satisfy their taste buds! These cookies have oats, dark chocolate, raisins, coconut oil & natural sugar! They are a chewy, but crumbly and delicious all at the same time!
Chewy & Crumbly Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c. oats*
- 1 c. Oat Flour-from ground oats-May sub another flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, softened at room temp
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar, can sub brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp**
- 1 TB. vanilla
- (1-2 TB. milk if dough seems too dry)
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chopped
- *Can sub gluten Free Oats*
- **Can use 2 flax eggs**
- Preheat Oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients; flour, oats, spices, and baking soda. (The flour is made by grounding 1 c. of oats in a food processor until it turns into flour. If you don't have a food processor or blender feel free to sub another flour, 1c.) Whisk the dry ingredients, and then set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together on low/med speed, oil and sugar for about 2-3 minutes. Next beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until just combined, do not overmix! (If the mixture seems to dry, add a few TB. of milk)
- Fold in the raisins and chocolate.
- Scoop cookies using an ice cream scoop onto a prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies on top a little bit using your fingers.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove carefully from pan immediately with a a flat spatula, and place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and harden.
- From the Diva Dish, xo
THANK YOU so much for allowing me to take time to post all about Starting to Live a Healthy Lifestyle! I'm always here if you need any tips, recipes, advice, etc.!
I have some great things planned for The Diva Dish this year, can't wait for all the things to come!